Cross Made with Sabor Papel's Amor Collection

Cross Made with Sabor Papel's Amor Collection
Click image to see more of Sabor Papel's Paper Collection

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Using Color in Scrapbooking


Using Color in Your Scrapbook Designs

 I  am passionate about storytelling through papercrafting.  To tell your story well,  you want to capture the viewer’s attention, control the eye’s movement, emphasize the theme, and evoke emotion. I would like to share with you a few tips that can help you document your journey in a well designed mini album.
Today, I want to focus on Color, one of the 8 design elements of visual design.
Understanding and thinking about how you use color on your scrapbook pages is important because when used well, it will create a harmonious and pleasing layout,  as well as evoke feelings and emotions that will help convey your story.
For my "All I Need is Love" mini album, I chose to use a warm color scheme because warm colors (red, orange, yellow) are often associated with passion, love, and happiness.  My accent color is teal, since that is a complimentary color on the color wheel. 
Color Scheme and papers I will be using in the mini album.



Since the Amor and Ole collections are so well designed, it is easy to choose the papers for my mini.  After all this careful planning, my favorite part can begin: Documenting my story of love in my mini album!!  
Two embellished pages from my "All I Need Is Love" mini album. 



Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you found these tips helpful.  

Love and Blessings,

Erminda

No comments:

Post a Comment